Modular microbrewery kit BREWORX MODULO :
Independent self-cooling fermentation and maturation units FUIC & FUEC
with Cylindrical-conical tanks (CCT) and compact cooler
Fermentation and maturation units BREWORX MODULO are the compact units with cylindroconical tanks and compact cooler for fermentation and maturation of wort that require only very simple installation without piping and electrician work. During the fermentation and maturation of wort made in brewhouse the wort becomes the final drink – beer. Time parameters of the fermentation and maturation process depend on the type of beer, the set pressure in the cylindrical-conical tanks and the requirements of the brewer.
Fermentation and maturation units BREWORX MODULO are independent mobile blocks with cylindrical-conical tanks, including everything needed for the main fermentation of beer, beer maturation, bottling and dispensing beer. They consist of these components :
- 2 pcs or 4 pcs of CCT – isolated by liquid cooled cylindrical-conical tanks
- 2 pcs of the liquid cooling unit with integrated condenser (only FUIC version)
- Elements for measurement and control of temperature and circulation of coolant
- Piping for cooling liquid – elements for connecting between coolers and tanks
- Shared frame with adjustable legs and the possibility of moving with wheels
See the video presentation :
Why choose MODULO FUIC/FUEC unit for the fermentation and maturation of beer ?
- Independence of fermentation & maturation unit to the external cooling system – Each fermentation unit has its own independent liquid cooling system
- Easy and quick installation – Customer receives the fermentation block on the pallet, takes it on wheels to the destination, connects the device to the power supply and it can be used immediately
- Financial savings and quick startup – Customer dispenses with the construction work and refrigeration specialists – nothing to demolish, weld, or pressurize the coolant.
- Minimizing of operating losses during an equipment failure – In case of a failure of one cooling unit only one tank is temporarily not working, not the entire brewery
- Mobility – Displacement of the vessels in the brewery cellar is simple and quick – fermentation block is transported to another place and can work again soon
- Simple connection – The fermentation block is connected to the brewhouse and other devices using special hoses and fast clampped end pieces – no need to install the welded piping system
- Compatibility – We deliver fermentation blocks with adapters that enable integration of a module into an existing system of any microbrewery – connected via hoses or stainless pipes
Usually the main parameters of the fermentation and maturation of beer:
The tables above show that for the production of bottom-fermented beers species (eg. Pilsner style), we must consider the time of production of beer by about 50-60% longer than the production of top-fermented beers. As well as the period of production is extending too if we want to produce some stronger beers.
For this reason it is necessary carefully count the number of fermentation and ripening tanks for assess the production capacity of the brewery.
The calculation of the required number of vessels is quite complex and is always a part of the calculation that we perform for free in the invitation to tender, in consultation business plan of specific customer.
We match the self-cooling fermentation and maturation units for each microbrewery !!
We recommend using the Self-cooling fermentation and maturation units as part of the modular microbrewery BREWORX MODULO.
Assembly variants of the fermentation units Modulo FUIC/FUEC
1) Fermentation & maturation units FUIC 2x CCT
– Each unit contains two cylindrical-conical tanks and an integrated liquid cooler, which ensures cooling of the wort on required temperature. With an integrated cooler it is unnecessary to connect the fermentation units with the external cooling system, but it is necessary to ensure the operating temperature max. 35 ° C in the room (by a ventilation or air conditioning system on hot days).
2) Fermentation & maturation units FUEC 2x CCT
– Each unit contains 2 CCT and is not equipped with an integrated cooler. One or several FUEC units share a common cooling unit that can be equipped with an integrated condenser (located completely in the interior) or with an external condenser (the condenser of cooler is located in the exterior – requires installation by a qualified refrigeration technician).
Pressure variants of the Fermentation & maturation units MODULO FUIC/FUEC :
1) Fermentation (not maturation) units non-pressure type (0.0 bar) MODULO FUIC/FUEC-XNP-NxCCT
– CCTs are produced as non-pressure vessels, designed exclusively for the main fermentation of the wort at pressure 0 bar. It is not possible to use these tanks for beer maturation, which must be carried out under mild pressure. In this embodiment, internal welds in CCTs are not grinded as it does not allow the extraction of yeast from the cone without a pumping of beer into another maturation tank. Therefore, the fermentation tanks are dimensioned to sufficient temperature for the main fermentation, but not for the maturation of beer.
2) Fermentation & maturation units – low pressure type (1.5 bar) MODULO FUIC/FUEC-XLP-NxCCT
– CCTs are produced as pressure vessels designed both for the main fermentation of the wort, and also for the subsequent maturation of beer under pressure up to 1.5 bar. In these CCTs it is possible to switch from the primary fermentation to maturation of beer in the same container. But it is always better to pump beer into another clean tank because of better separation of the beer from the settled yeast. In this embodiment, internal welds are ground to the roughness of Ra 0.8, which significantly improves the slip of settled yeast into a receiving tank cone.. This design allows also only hand-filling of beer into kegs and bottles. Overpressure of 1.5 bar is not sufficient for quick machinery beer bottling or machinery filling of beer into kegs and bottles.
3) Fermentation & maturation units – high pressure type (3.0 bar) MODULO FUIC/FUEC-XHP-NxCCT
– CCTs are produced as pressure vessels designed both for the main fermentation of the wort, and also for the subsequent maturation of beer under pressure up to 3.0 bar. In these CCTs it is possible to switch from the primary fermentation to maturation of beer in the same container. But it is always better to pump beer into another clean tank because of better separation of the beer from the settled yeast. In this embodiment, internal welds are ground to the roughness of Ra 0.8, which significantly improves the slip of settled yeast into a receiving tank cone.. This design allows also hand-filling and machinery-filling of beer into kegs and bottles. Overpressure of 3.0 bar is sufficient for quick machinery beer bottling or hand-filling of beer into kegs and bottles.
Quality class variants of FUIC by the level of workmanship and equipment :
According to requirements and financial possibilities of customers we produce fermentation tanks at two classes of quality:
1) HQ – HIGH Quality
– High quality workmanship of all parts, welded joints and surfaces. The outer surface is unified. All functional armatures and fittings that have an impact on the reliability and safety of the products are made in Europe or in the USA. 100% inspection of all welds and joints. 100% guaranteed surface roughness on the inside of the containers. Perfectly smooth inner surface is needed for perfect separation of the used yeast from the beer or cider, especially at single-phase fermentation of beer or cider when the both fermentation and maturation process are provided in the same CC tank. 3 years warranty on stainless steel main parts, 2 years on the armatures. Necessary quality class for the most demanding customers.
2) SQ – STANDARD Quality
– Standard quality workmanship of all parts, welded joints and surfaces. All functional armatures and fittings that have an impact on the reliability and safety of the products are purchased from approved suppliers from Europe, USA and Asia. Inspection of all critical welds and joints. 80% guaranteed surface roughness on the inside of the containers. The inner surface allows sufficient separation of used yeast from the beer or cider, especially at single-phase fermentation of beer or cider when the both fermentation and maturation process are provided in the same CC tank. 2 years warranty on stainless steel main parts, 1 year on the armatures. The usual quality class for most customers.
Applicability of fermentation units by brewhouse and number of brews in a brewing day
Applicability of fermentation units for production operations