Handy beer keg filling valves
Microbreweries usually use a manual filling heads for filling of the kegs with beer from beer tanks . Head shape suits with the type of keg. The filling head has valves adapted to the slow filling of kegs under back pressure. The head also allows filling of kegs before filling with inert gas. Kegs must be thoroughly washed and sanitized before filling in the washer for kegs.
We deliver the keg filling couplers designed for the the most of keg models :
Procedure for filling of the keg with the filler and coupler
- Plug the filler (part with manometer) to the coupler (part with keg-connector).
- Fill CO2 gas into the keg throuhg valve No 2. We recommend to set the filling pressure of 5 bar lower than the pressure in the tank which are you filling from.
- Check the pressure on manometer during filling of the keg.
- Close the valve no. 2 after reaching the target pressure in the keg.
- Open the beer valve No. 2. At the same time open the valve No. 3 and let overpressure CO2 leak slightly out.The pressure in the keg will rise during the filling of the keg of beer.
- When the valve no. 3 starts flowing beer with foam then keg is full. Close all valves at this moment and disconnect the couple from the keg.
Filling of the 50-liters keg takes from 1 to 4 minutes – the time depends on the chosen overpressure.
Price and detailed technical description
Price: 239 €
The filling head has valves that are adapted to the slow filling of the kegs under back pressure. The head
Other equipment for keg rinsing, sanitizing and filling :