LCS – Liquid cooling systems
Cooling of the tanks by water or glycol
The LCS – liquid cooling units are used for all cooling jacketed insulated containers (for example beer tanks) with double-walled construction in the lager cellar and cooling containers for primary fermentation. As the coolant is used to ice water temperature + 1 ° C or more glycol mixture, which allows to reduce the coolant temperature to -5 ° C. Furthermore, the cooling units are used for cool the wort in the second level, breweries with a two-stage plate heat exchanger.
Compared to the air cooling the liquid cooling systems have a number of advantages:
Significantly higher efficiency and cooling efficiency
- The operating efficiency of the cooling system
- The possibility of precise measurement and control of cooling
- Greater convenience in the brewery – cools the only food and workspaces retain a much higher temperature
- Less dust environment and higher resistance against contamination brewery fermenting wort – no intense turbulence in refrigerated and spreading dangerous yeast infections.
We use these cooling systems in a microbrewery BREWORX Modulo :
System devices, providing cooling wort (produced in the brewhouse) to the desired fermentation temperature. Fermentation temperature depends on the type of beer.
I.a) Split wort cooling system – with separated components
The classical wort cooling system consists of six main parts :
- Split liquid cooler or Compact liquid cooler
- Ice cooling water tank
- Ice treated water tank
- Hot water tank
- Wort cooler and aerator
I. b) Compact wort cooling system – with all components integrated on common platform
The compact wort cooling system is used as part of the Breworx Modulo brewery modular system. All parts of the wort cooling system are integrated on one platform. The compact wort cooling system consists of :
- Platform – stailess steel frame
- Ice treated water tank – mounted on the frame
- Hot water tank – mounted on the frame
- Wort cooler and aerator – mounted on the frame
- Pumps – mounted on the frame
- Compact cooler – mounted on the frame
We offer two compact systems for cooling the wort – independent WCU unit with wort-cooling equipment and ice water storage tank and independent WCU-HWT unit which consists of WCU and hot water tank.
Assembly of devices for cooling stainless steel tanks in the process of beer fermentation, beer maturation and preparation of beer for sale. It also is used for cooling the containers with brewer’s yeast.
– This is the primary cooling system of fermentation units FUIC and FUEC – a compact cooling units that don´t require installation specialists. Commissioning of the cooling system can easily handle customer himself according to the instructions provided. It is necessary to ensure the removal of the heat from the room with coolers ventilation or air conditioning.
– Industrial cooling system for beer tanks, using a two-part or three-part cooling device that consists of an outdoor unit (condenser), indoor unit (generator cold) and a container of ice water or glycol. The advantage is the economical operation of the cooling system, the drawback is that the assembly team of specialists and construction hit the building – mounting brackets and piping of the individual parts of the external wall penetrations, pressurizing the refrigerant.